23 December 2015

The 12 Crafts of Christmas - No.11: Napkin Name Tags


With the big day fast approaching, I'm sharing another quick and easy project for you to add some colour and personality to your Christmas table!

These name tags are made from air drying clay, which can be found at most craft shops. Simply roll out the clay to create your shapes, and then, using letter stamps (which I again picked up at a craft shop), stamp the names of your dinner guests in to the clay. The following day the clay was dry, and I could begin painting with my paint, Chalk Paint®! I played around with colours and techniques on the tags, but found that a palette of Duck Egg Blue, Aubusson BlueFlorence, and an accent of Emperor's Silk worked beautifully with my Swedish-look table. I finished the tags with my Clear Soft Wax to emphasise the colours and textures.

Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow, for the last of my #12CraftsofChristmas, and don't forget to share your own projects with me!

Yours, Annie


Follow #12CraftsofChristmas on InstagramTwitter and Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment